Backpacking North Manitou Island Multi-day Tour
Backpacking North Manitou Island Multi-Day Tour
Experience operated by
Jorge and your team
We are a team of adventurers that will help you discover the best places in the world. We'll guide you throughout the adventures so you can live unique and life changing experiences.
Start planning your experience
You will meet your local guide at the Leland harbor, where you will take the famous ferry "Mishe-Mokwa" across a 7-mile stretch of Lake Michigan. While on the ferry, our guides will point out major landmarks of both the shore and the island. Customization is a tradition with these local guides, and they will help you to plan a trip that fits your needs, interests, physical stamina, and the weather. Possibilities include:
• Climbing or running down massive perched dunes
• Wading in the warm inland lakes
• Checking out the best swimming waters in northern Michigan
• Touring the old village or associated school and graveyard
• Trying to reach the rugged northern edge of the island
• A rock-pickers "geology tour" of some of the colorful beachesMeals and equipment will be provided, and will include healthy snacks throughout the day.
*Please note any food allergies at the time of checkout in the "special requirements" field.